Smalltalk and Java

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 21:11:56 UTC 2007

Hi Alexandre,

>You scored

My first impression from the website was to keep the image
and interpreter (and therefore the JAR) as small as possible.
That's why I wondered about the .svn stuff. But after digging
deeper it looks this is done in a later release ;)

However, I'm currently playing with the Rhino JavaScript engine
and are curious about similar dynamic functionality with Athena.

Do you have a sample how to implement/satisfy a java interface
on the smalltalk side? Can you tell us a little bit more about
"cross" exception handling. I know performance is currently not
high priority but did you run some benchmarks?

Bye
Torsten

BTW: The link to http://bergel.eu/athena/?Documentation:First_contact
     on the "Documentation" page leads to a 404 error.