ANSI Smalltalk

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:11:30 UTC 2007

On 14/11/2007, Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:
> Note that ANSI = AMERICAN National Standards Institute
> Does it make sense for non US people to participate?

I think so.  This is not a matter of jingoism but rather a matter of
reusing what we already have instead of starting from scratch.

ANSI/INCITS provide a framework for arriving at a documented and
recognised consensus.  That's what we need.  And BTW, there is a
mechanism for taking an ANSI standard on to ISO so we can do that if
we think it's worthwhile.

Bruce
(Australian & British currently working in the UK)
http://www.openskills.org/