ANSI Smalltalk

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:37:35 UTC 2007

On 15/11/2007, Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:

> What I was actually trying to ask was if ANSI rules allow such
> participation? If you take ABNT (which is the brazillian equivalent) as
> an example, people from around the world are free to follow its
> standards (supposing they can read Portuguese ;-) but I am pretty sure
> only individuals and companies from Brazil would get to vote on these
> same standards.

Ah, sorry :-/

My understanding is that, yes, non US resident people may be formal
voting members of the project.  There are some situations where
non-resident members are not allowed on ANSI projects, but the
information I have is that the Smalltalk project should be OK for
anyone.

We will know for sure when we submit the project application to INCITS.

All the best,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/