need a SqueakElib Chat Server machine

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Tue Nov 20 06:35:21 UTC 2007

Rob Withers schrieb:

> I am looking for someone who can donate a server machine which can run
> a squeak image and about 15 minutes to set it up with me.  The server
> will recalculate it's connection url and I will need to get that into
> the clients.  If someone has access to a machine that could host me,
> please let me know.
I can't offer a server machine but only an idea:
What if you let the box admins (or whoever is responsible for the
squeak.org domain) define a domain name "chat.squeak.org" which you use
in the clients, and let DNS handle the name->IP resolution. That makes
it a lot more flexible.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin