How do I find out the maximum extent that a morph can be set to, without this impacting the current extent of its owner morph?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Nov 29 11:29:11 UTC 2007

El 11/29/07 8:01 AM, "Alexandre Rousseau" <alexr at mailsnare.net> escribió:

I following your previous post, trying to understand how should be
constructed your morph.

Until now, I think you wish some kind of Post It note, maybe I wrong.

> 1. a SimpleButtonMorph, to trigger collapse/expansion of the stickie
> note (collapsed = stickie note's editor submorph hidden)

Why not change  collapsed/expanded state via click ?

> 2. a StringMorph that contains a summary -- a contracted copy -- of
> the stickie note's editor's contents. I would like the length of that
> summary to depend on the width of the stickie note's title bar.

I could use a ScrollableField instead, like in old versions of 3.10.
Now I embed into a SystemWindow  as some like more .

> 3. a StringMorph instance that is set to the last modification date
> of the stickie note.
This is a very easy, you need a inst var like lastdate, and appropiate
senders and getters to #lastdate.

Then this should be a submorph, and the children morph have comeToFront in
his initialize

> So, question: how do I determine the maximum space that #2 can occupy
> before provoking a resize of the stickie note, and given that stickie
> note widths are left to user discretion, i.e., can and will vary.

If you send a example of full text, contracted text, maybe more help come.

Edgar