Squeaksource (in)stability

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Oct 2 18:10:49 UTC 2007

Hi -

Our local Squeaksource installation has recently taken a turn to the
worse, probably because we hit some magic number of packages or versions
or so. While in the past we needed to restart SS about 2-3 times a week,
it has recently gone up to needing a restart twice a day (we get emails
whenever that happens so I'm not just imagining this).

Help! This is completely unusable. If I hadn't added my little patch
that recovers the versions involved in the lock up there would be open
mutiny here by now. How can you run a Squeaksource installation with a
*bit* of stability?

Thanks,
   - Andreas