Squeaksource (in)stability

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 3 11:42:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 06:50:08AM +0200, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> An option to try wout be to fork() the image with OSProcess before
> saving the model. This ensures there are no concurrent modifications.
> We don't do this because it doesn't work on the Mac VM.

Philippe,

Are you sure that this does not work? I don't have a Mac to test,
but I've had several people send me test results that show the
fork primitives working on Mac VMs, so I would have expected the
#saveImageInBackgroundNicely method to work on Mac. I'd appreciate
any feedback one way or the other.

Thanks,

Dave