[ANN] Tuio - Tangible User Interaction by video trackingphysical objects.

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Fri Oct 5 10:02:43 UTC 2007

Frank,

> There's also the NUI group [1] and David Wallin [2] working on multitouch
> UIs. David Wallin, in particular, works on touchlib [3], a TUIO-based
> multitouch library. touchlib will (AFAIK) be adding fiducial support as
> well
> [4].
>
> Simon, with your TUIO client - does this mean that one could use other
> libraries (say, touchlib) to send data to Tuio for Squeak?
>
> Since touchlib's licence is the New BSD Licence, this might address Howard
> Stearns' licence concerns.

I have implemented touchlib support for visual smalltalk, and it is easy
 to port the interface to Squeak (the wraper use normal API calls
 and 4 callbacks for event catching).
We are using touchlib interface for custom (FTIR) multitouch based
 devices and also use direct inetrfaces to OpenCV for high perfomance
 video and image processing (photograph based products).
The sources (for visual smalltalk) can be downloaded from our swiki
 at http://www.aleReimondo.com.ar/Multitouch
 and http://www.aleReimondo.com.ar/OpenCV
 both are open projects and anyone can participate.
If there is interest in touchlib interface to be ported to Squeak I can
 guide someone to write port or help to doit.

cheers,
Ale.