Problems with freetype plugin

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 07:19:21 UTC 2007

Hi,
"Martin Kuball" <martinkuball at web.de> wrote in message
news:200710081539.20136.martinkuball at web.de...
> Hi!
>
> I tried to compile the ft2 plugin on 64bit Linux (debian unstable). I
> succeeded after
> 1. adding a plattform specific makefile
> 2. refactoring some 32bit specific code dealing with oops.
>
> Unfortunately somwhere on the road I broke the plugin. If I start the
> sophie image it comes up and I can see some promising stuff and than
> (after a second or so) the vm segfaults inside a GC. As far as I can tell
> the rome plugin (the other plugin I'v never used here) is not yet loaded.
> I appended a stack trace at the end. Other images that don't use ft2
> plugin still work fine.
>
> To isoloate the problem I got a fresh 3.9 image and loaded freetype plus
> into it. I opend a FontChooser and selected a type1 font. Now the image
> freezes. With some debug output I can see that the ft2 plugin has rendered
> some glyphs and now is stuck somwhere in libfreetype (version 2.3.5 by the
> way).

Which version of FreeType Plus are you using? (probably not important, but
useful to know)
Does your debug output tell you which plugin primitive was called before it
got stuck in libfreetype?
If so, which one?
If not, then can you detemine this by running in debug mode, or by some
other means?

As an aside - I have been experimenting with an FFI wrapper for freetype
lib.
It looks promising so far (can create squeak glyph forms ok), but it is
still in its early stages.

Cheers,
Andy