More Delay/Semaphore "fun"

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Oct 10 02:27:11 UTC 2007

Craig Latta wrote:
>      Although still a hack, it seems simple and sufficiently cheap. Good
> for a laugh, anyway. :)

Actually, this is worthwhile to think about. We already have some unwind
protection primitives and it seems quite all right to me to have another
"marker primitive" that could be evaluated upon termination. As a matter
of fact, we might redefine #ifCurtailed: to take an optional argument
which gets to see the suspendingList (or the entire process). Something
along the lines of:

   [self wait] ifCurtailed:[:list|
     list == self ifTrue:[caught := false].
   ].

At which point all the VM needs to do is to take the process primitively
#offList which we need anyways.

Cheers,
   - Andreas