handheld to run Squeak

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Thu Oct 11 09:19:52 UTC 2007

 Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I would like to buy some small machines to
> run a miniimage.
> Do you have any success and reference I could use?

Tony Garnock-Jones got squeak images running under openmoko on the Neo
1973.  The Neo has a VGA touch screen.

http://www.lshift.net/blog/2007/08/23/squeak-and-openembedded

> May be buying a couple of one hundred dollars laptop would be cool?

The XO runs a full Squeakland image.   The 'Buy One Give One' scheme
for the XO starts soon - but only for North American residents.

http://www.xogiving.org/

However, you could ask the folks at http://laptop.org/ as they
provided some laptops to European developers of OLPC software for
testing.   I hope your university might qualify for a couple of those.

> Does anybody knows where we will be able to buy them in Europe? I
> need some prices to write a budget.

???

Openmoko Inc. ships the Neo1973 worldwide from the US.
https://direct.openmoko.com/