Active Book (was: Re: squeak on iLiad)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Oct 14 15:14:22 UTC 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 03:30:25PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> The OS was a version of Helios (eek, I still have a copy of the
> Helios manual in my bookshelf!) which I think started out life as
> TripOS at Cambridge (the real university, not the US) as a multi-
> processor system using messaging, or something like that. It was
> wrapped in a unix-like layer to please the unix-weenies.

Martin Richards provides a current implementation of the Tripos
environment that runs as an interpreted guest (under Linux or
whatever). It is called "Cintpos" and is available at:
	http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mr10/Cintpos.html

Cintpos is implemented in BCPL:
	http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mr10/BCPL.html

These and other interesting artifacts are at Dr Richards' home
page at Cambridge:
	http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mr10/

Dave