Active Book

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Oct 14 17:46:36 UTC 2007

On 13-Oct-07, at 10:18 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> I checked chumby out when you mentioned it - I had never heard of it.
> Yeah, it seems to be a cool little thing and I could see something
> like displaying weather stats from Dan's weather gizmo. It could be
> nice to show other local home stats (cameras, security stats,
> status of the lights, electrical usage, etc.) instead of using a
> more expensive computer.

I was thinking of a printer server with ability to let you cancel/
suspend/change/etc jobs while at the printer instead of having to go
back to the main machine.  Or the music aspect of an Apple Airport
Express - wifi the sound to chumby, hook in usb speakers.

Or even eviscerate one, wire up a larger screen (800*600 max, perhaps
a http://store.earthlcd.com/EDMGRB8KJF?sc=7&category=256 or similar )
hookup a big li-poly battery and make an Active Book :-)

> You could have several around the house. (kinda like us old people
> who buy the cheap drug store reading glasses and sprinkle them
> around the house for times when we need them.)

tim
Objects are closer than they appear.