[POLL] Process>>terminate

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 15 09:58:27 UTC 2007

> I just found a side-effect of Process>>terminate call, leading to
> evaluate all #ensure: and #ifCurtailed: blocks in process before its
> really got terminated.

This is absolutely the right behavior.  When I say "ensure", I mean
"ensure no matter what".  This includes deleting the debug window or
terminating the process some other way.  In particular, you want all
semaphores in critical regions to be unlocked.

Why is this a problem?  Perhaps there is a bug in the ensure block,
and so you don't want to run it.  I use ensure blocks to close files,
and if I kill the process, I still want files to be closed.

-Ralph