Multy-core CPUs

Steve Wart steve.wart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:25:41 UTC 2007

I don't know if mapping Smalltalk processes to native threads is the way to
go, given the pain I've seen in the Java and C# space.

What might be interesting is to develop low-level primitives (along the
lines of the famed map/reduce operations) that provide parallel processing
versions of commonly used collection functions.

No idea how easy this would be to do, but on the surface seems more
promising than trying to do process/thread jiggery pokery.

Steve