Squeak BOF at OOPSLA!

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Oct 23 14:15:58 UTC 2007

Hi!

"Bergel, Alexandre" <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Before Goran expend on this, here is a list of what has been demoed:
>
> 	- CAT (alternative to SmaCC)

By Jamie Douglass, he is actually holding a dedicated BOF at 18.00 today
(in 2 hours), which I am going to tape.

> 	- Squeak by Example (Andrew P. Black)

Right, he showed the book, sold some samples, sold a pin to me (I should
have bought more) etc. :)

> 	- OMeta or how to implement a JavaScript interpreter in 300 lines of
> code (Alessandro Warth)

Right, a small demo of really cool stuff that Alessandro presented at
DLS. And oh, it is available on both Cola and Squeak:

	http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/ometa

> 	- DeltaStream (Goran)

Right... my slides I just threw up here:

	http://goran.krampe.se/presentations/delta/delta.html

> 	- Condensing the change and sources files of Squeak (Maurice Rabb)
> 	- Athena Smalltalk (by me)
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

I got 3.5 hours of tape to encode, and today I will tape 2 hours more
(CAT and Lively by Dan) and tomorrow I will tape the Seaside BOF. It
takes a while for me to encode them as xvids and put them up though. But
I am working on it and might be able to get something up late tonight.

regards, Göran