Multy-core CPUs

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Thu Oct 25 17:06:38 UTC 2007

Hi,
> Matej Kosik wrote:
> Anyone followed links that Andreas gave?
>
> 	http://www.erights.org
>
> ???
>
> There is a dissertation that addresses two fundamental problems:
> - - it introduces synchronization mechanisms that are meant to escape
>   from the situation where you
>   - either have interference
>   - or non-deterministic deadlock
>   (Erlang does not solve these problems.
>    The recent book about Erlang does not even mention the word "deadlock")
> - - *security*
>
> It is a point-of-view-changing reading.

It would be helpful if people pointed to specific web pages or papers
rather than simply pointing to ENTIRE web sites. Even better would be to
quote the material (unless that's inappropriate for copyright reasons)
in their posting. It does take a while to digest this stuff and there
are lots of links and papers flying around. Thanks very much.

Is there a particularly cogent link on erights.org that we should look at?

Thanks again,

Peter