Erlang a primitive language? (was Re: Multy-core CPUs)

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:14:14 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Matej Kosik <kosik at fiit.stuba.sk> wrote:

> I agree. Neither Erlang nor Smalltalk were designed with security in mind. Funny thing about
> security is, that if you do not get it right in the beginning, you cannot "add it later".

The funny thing about security is that it is on the opposite end of a
sliding scale, with "user friendly-ness" on the other side.

As far as "you cannot add it later", given that nearly all the secure
systems I can think off of the top of my head were indeed "added
later" (e.g. HTTPS), I think this claim is false.