Multy-core CPUs

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Fri Oct 26 00:33:16 UTC 2007

David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 11:12:13PM -0700, Peter William Lount wrote:
>
>> An excellent book for learning the ins and outs of concurrency control -
>> and most importantly the common mistakes - is the free PDF book, "The
>> Little Book of Semaphores",  by Allen B. Downey and his students:
>> http://www.greenteapress.com/semaphores/downey05semaphores.pdf.
>>

> Peter,
> Thanks for this reference.
> Dave

Hi,

Your welcome. It's an invaluable book for learning and reviewing the
issues with Semaphores.

It sounds like the other links people submitted are also quite
interesting. I've seen a few before but they obviously need a bit more
in depth study to understand all the points of view - some of which seem
to be in the formation stages rather than fully developed, which wasn't
apparent to this reader at the start of the thread.

Peter