Multi-threaded VM

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 01:29:10 UTC 2007

Hey Gulik,

I think that's a great idea.  I moved the appropriate section to a new wiki page.  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6012

Cheers,
Rob

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael van der Gulik

  I think that many other people would be interested in this. I suggest making stage 3 here a separate project in its own right. If it is stable and works well, I could see it becoming the official Squeak VM. Also keep integration with Exupery in mind.

  I also recommend starting this project by changing the behaviour of ProcessorScheduler to behave in the same way as the multi-threaded VM. Currently code can assume that a lower priority process won't run while a higher priority process is busy; this assumption would no longer exist in the multi-threaded VM. This would be a reasonably simple change and I believe this may pick up several concurrency issues in the image.