[sugar] Joyride

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Oct 26 14:03:55 UTC 2007

Marco, Bert,

I do read the sugar list, I saw Bert's email, and I am definitely guilty
of not having offered a timely reply to your questions. My apologies.

> On 10/25/07, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> > Could someone *please* explain and document the current process of
> > getting RPMs and XO bundles into the build?

The list of packages that pilgrim knows to install is at

  http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/cscott/pilgrim;a=blob;f=streams.d/olpc-development.stream;h=5e607540940e24bc97ffbf4d14429893324d5646;hb=autobuild#l50

The current process for RPMS already listed at that location is to
upload an RPM with a higher version number to ~/public_rpms/<build> on
dev.laptop.org.

Please, please, please also include the SRPM in that directory alongside
the RPM. We aren't using it yet, but we will be very shortly.

------

The process for new .xos is to have one of m_stone, c_scott, cjb, or
marcopg apply a patch to

  http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/cscott/pilgrim;a=blob;f=streams.d/olpc-development.stream;h=5e607540940e24bc97ffbf4d14429893324d5646;hb=autobuild#l178

that lists the activity name and to upload the .xo file to

  http://olpc.download.redhat.com/activities/<build>

I believe Marco knows how to do this.

We are half-way through the change to our build-tools that is required
to read .xo bundles from ~/public_rpms/<build. I fully expect this
change to land by early next week; it has not yet because the person who
has to integrate it has simply had higher priority bugs (namely, getting
first-boot activation to a deployable state).

------

Again, sorry for the delay.  More details about current speculations for
killing joy will follow this afternoon.

Michael