[Q] Linux and localAddress

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Oct 29 11:47:27 UTC 2007

El 10/29/07 7:39 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> escribió:

> I doubt that - ifconfig most certainly gives you *both*, 127.0.0.1
> and 192.168.1.4.

Yes , I have some similar to Davide Arrigo mail.

> Ian Piumarta extended the plugin to actually support getting more
> addresses, it is in his latest sources. I think work is underway to
> port this to other platforms. To use the extended primitives you need
> new support code, which is ... somewhere, Michael Rüger did that.
> It's in the OLPC image, for example (which needed to support IPv6 and
> that was the reason for the new plugin).
>
> - Bert -

I try this.
As I said, I need eth0 answer.
If I start some game in this machine, I need 192.168.x.y for using in
Firefox or Safari form other computer.
I just discover if I use Nebraska, the Listener in Mac Squeak image works
and gives 192.168.1.4.
So I need dig on how works for send intended IP .

Very thanks !

Edgar