Doc team August Report

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 22:31:23 UTC 2007

For the month of August, I released SqueakSource commit emails.
[1]

With this patch, I am trying a different approach to Squeak
documentation than I have been; I want to help establish simple
procedures that result in more useful documentation being
generated by the community. The best way to generate
documentation is to discuss something, and that is what this
patch is all about. Development in an open-source project is
often quite isolated, and this is especially true with Squeak.

I believe that this patch will lower the barrier to asking
questions about the code that makes up Squeak, and questions
lead to discussion and answers, which can then be harvested into
documentation.

Speaking of harvesting documentation, I havn't done much of that
this month.

[1]: Release announcement for SqueakSource commit emails:
     http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-August/119637.html