Getting double semi as sequencer harvested.

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Mon Sep 3 05:54:09 UTC 2007

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:14:26 -0700, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> And the road to heaven is more syntax? Java and C# are already taking
> this way and C++ is where it leads. I'm not sure that's where we want
> Squeak to be heading.

And C++ just keeps gettin' bigger, too.

Claims were made that pipes could reduce code size by a factor of 10 while
increasing clarity. If true, it's certainly worthy. Even by 2 would be
hard to argue with. One thing about traits is that you can see how the
code is cleaner (and even then, there's still reistance).

It's reasonable to ask for some evidence.

I agree, by the way, that ";;" looks like a typo, and it's a little
disturbing when coming from another language since multiple semi-colons
are usually semantically meaningless.