Ideas for a refactoring with traits?

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Sep 6 16:51:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:27:50 +0200, Jason Johnson wrote:

> Yes, I would like to reiterate again:  If you want to get a success
> story with traits the way to do it is not to simply cram them in
> somewhere and say "see! used in practice".

I'm not referring to the example I gave (and have still to check Andreas
suggestion) but,

If nobody tries then the opposite "not found to be usable in practice" is
equally far away?

>  In fact if that's all we
> have of traits in the end they will be seen (rightfully so) as a
> failure.
>
> So before using traits somewhere it should heavily be weighed if a
> more traditional approach wouldn't work better or even just as well.

Isn't that part&parcel of what Alejandro is about to find out.

> In either case I would take the traditional approach, as using traits
> in these cases makes it look like unneeded duplication of features.

Both cases (with, w/o) traits can only be compared if both cases exist?

/Klaus