Comments

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 07:11:27 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com> wrote:

> These should be compiler warnings, not errors. Not all methods and classes
> need comments.

Methods sure, but classes?  What reason is there to not have a comment
in a class?  You may think the class is obvious, but it should at
least point to the comment of another class that explains the
architecture of the package, and the entry point to using it.

The hardest time I have with Squeak's lack of documentation is when I
try to use a new package.  The class I happen to click on never has a
comment, I have no idea how the package is supposed to be used.  Some
say look at the tests for this, but tests should test everything,
including "private" methods that don't otherwise get called from
clients of the package.