recent Mantis server/app changes?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Sep 13 19:59:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 21:52 -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> On 12-Sep-07, at 4:07 PM, tim Rowledge wrote:
>
> > Has anyone recently altered the Mantis setup? I've noticed two
> > problems today that I don;t recall ever having before.
> And two more problems -
> c) if I try to set a report to 'feedback' it doesn't let me say who
> I'm asking for the feedback - which completely ruins the whole point

Well, as far as I'm aware that has never been the case, and I don't see
that it matters.  Unless they have configured it otherwise, the original
reporter of a message, the assignee, and anyone who has added a note to
a message receives an email whenever anything changes regarding an
issue, including a note being added, status changed, etc.  This includes
the case of you changing the report to 'feedback'.  So you do not
expressly have to select who you are asking, it is presumed to be the
reporter and/or one of the other commenters.

> d) I just got an email *from* mantis relating to #6669 that Andreas
> had updated for me  - the email had no body whatsoever. How helpful!

Odd again.  This is the first report of this I have had.  I'm not sure
what to say, I get messages quite regularly and haven't had a blank one
yet.

> Has mantis been 'improved' to make it useless as well as annoying,
> perhaps?

Again, unless we've been hacked, there have been no changes since March.

Ken