Fear and loathing of the "perification" of Smalltalk

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Fri Sep 14 12:58:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> "common sign that your love for a language has been corrupted into
>> religion".
To quote Richard Dawkin's: "No, please, do not mistake passion, which
can change its mind, for fundamentalism, which never will. Passion for
passion, an evangelical Christian and I may be evenly matched. But we
are not equally fundamentalist. The true scientist, however passionately
he may “believe”, in evolution [or a certain computer language or
feature therein] for example, knows exactly what would change his mind:
evidence! The fundamentalist knows that nothing will."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article1779771.ece?

All the best,

peter