Squeak by Example officially released

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Mon Sep 17 06:16:31 UTC 2007

Blake wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:43:22 -0700, Jimmie Houchin
> <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us> wrote:
>
>> Do the proceeds from the print books (or PDF) go to the authors or to
>> Squeak Foundation, ESUG, university,...? I don't really know if there
>> is much after the printing to go anywhere? If it goes to the Squeak
>> Foundation or something it would be nice to know. Put that information
>> on the book's pages. It might help with print sales.
>
> I suppose I'm biased, but I'm happy to see the proceeds go to the authors.

I have absolutely no problem with proceeds going to the authors. I like
authors being blessed. They've put in a lot of work and deserve to be
rewarded for their labors.

So my apologies if I gave any other impression. But the word
contribution is used in reference to paying for the PDF. So it somewhat
brings a different thought to what the money is going towards.

If the contribution is going to honor and bless the labors of the
authors, that is great. No problem. The laborer is worthy of his hire.
But if it is going to an organization, it would be nice to know what
organization. Possibly the Square Bracket Association and the funding of
more Squeak, Smalltalk books.

Personally, I would love to see more people making good livings with Squeak.

Anyway, I am very grateful for this resource. May it bless its authors
immensely even if not from the profits of the book. May the Squeak
community be blessed by this effort and may it bear much fruit.

Again, thanks.

Jimmie