Squeak on Simpad (was Squeak on Neo)

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Sep 17 20:49:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 10:07 +0200, Torsten Sadowski wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> did you try a qtopia or a x11 squeak on the Simpad? I succeeded only recently
> to build an Opie-Image from the dev branch again and I still have to update
> the 3.4 qtopia vm.

The only vm that was available was the qtopia one. I think the
package was called squeak-nox or something like this. I did
myself a reduced gpe image to save some space on the flash. But
I had a lot of problems building a kernel for the simpad, too.
So I quit the project as I don't have that much time to get
into it.

If you have a working version I'll try to build another image.
Having an X11 vm would be great.

thanks,

Norbert