Quick comparison of two Namespaces proposals

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:09:36 UTC 2007

Oh no, are people really so strongly for ::?  It make source code look
absolutely awful.  The period looks a thousand times better, but I
don't think there is a non-ambiguous way to do it.

What about message style sytax?

e.g.

self add: (Kernel Array new: 4)

?  That looks much better to my eyes, though it does force a trade
off:  do we find a way of complicating the compiler that the above is
resolved at compile time, or do we take the run time lookup hit?

In any event, please don't go with ::, and if you must at least please
don't put this in the default image.