Quick comparison of two Namespaces proposals

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Sep 18 16:55:57 UTC 2007

> I've looked at the proposal, and you will see it.  Today you
> wouldn't because there are no namespaces and thus no conflicts.
>
> I agree we need namespaces, I just think we can do better,

That's the thing, not everyone agrees about needing them, which in the past
has made adding them a losing battle.

> both in looks and in functionality.  It's nothing against
> Goeran, just as I told him, I think his Delta's thing is
> right on the money.  I just think this is really going to
> "give us only enough rope...."

Which is at least a step forward, more than you're likely to get with any
other proposal.  Watch what a battle adding "real" namespaces turns into,
and you'll see how good formalizing prefixes looks after a while.

Ramon Leon