Squeak Roadmap ...

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Sep 21 18:05:25 UTC 2007

Hi--

 > Seems like this is a can of worms and a lot of people like to see some
 > major changes happen to the Squeak core image. What is Squeak's
 > "board" view on this?

      Squeak's board was elected by the community; it doesn't need
quotation marks around it. :)  I'm a member of the board, and my view is
that yes, a lot of people would like to see major changes to Squeak,
many of them contradictory. It is indeed a can of worms.

      Ultimately, any technical decisions the leadership makes will
upset some significant part of the community. As with many communities,
this may lead to wildly different decisions as the leadership changes
over time, as well as growth and attrition in the community itself.

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist