[BUG]Squeak VM mac 3.8.18beta1U

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Sat Sep 22 15:40:41 UTC 2007

On 9/22/07, Karl <karl.ramberg at comhem.se> wrote:

> When I hit the record button in RecordingControlMorph two times after
> each other, the image just disappears, no debug log.

Since you're using Mac OS X, you may be able to find some log
information by using the Console application, which should be found in
the Utilities folder in the Applications folder. Console should have
something to say about any program that abruptly exits; although
that's not much consolation, I'm sure that's why they call it
Console.... In any case, the preferences for Console should have a
setting to ask it to alert you when there's a new log entry, which
means it can pop up after every crash.

It may also be helpful to know what primitive crashed the VM. I can't
reproduce this on my machine, but it looks as if that button sends
#record to the RecordingControlMorph. Can you use the debugger to step
through the code to find the crashing method? Open an inspector on the
RecordingControlMorph, type "self record; record" into the lower pane,
and choose "Debug it" from the yellow-button menu.

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix