[ANN][Squeak-dev Mini Image] Version sqMinidev07.09.1

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun Sep 23 12:09:56 UTC 2007

Hi Norbert,

on Fri, 21 Sep 2007 02:33:48 +0200, you wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 13:52 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks to Pavel, I finally managed to create a squeak-dev image based
>> on his MinimalMorphic. This image can be found at
>> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/beta/experimental.
>>
> I started the image opened package universe browser and pressed
> update list from network. I got an error in
>
> UStandardUniverse>>updatePackagesViaWWW
>
> Set doesNotUnderstand retrieveContents

Just ran into the same :(

> I don't understand the error but there is an _ assignment which
> causes the problem in my case. Exchanging it with := fixes the
> behaviour and I can update the map.

Found that method #updatePackagesViaWWW has quite a difference between
source code and decompiled code. Of course (in Smalltalk :) the VM
executes the actual byte code, which attempts to evaluate (packages
retrieveContents ...) and packages is a Set, whereas the sourcecode says
(packagesURL retrieveContents ...) which evaluates fine in the debugger.
Strange.

And (Compiler recompileAll) halts because CharacterSetComplement>># does
SmallInteger doesNotUnderstand: #bitXOr: ... (but the browser does find
the method), even more strange.

/Klaus