[ANN] Magma 1.0r40

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 06:57:36 UTC 2007

On 23/09/2007, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sig contributed a simple change that lets you plug whatever dictionary
> you want.  This is included in this release, so you can set it up as
> part of your application-initialization.
>
> But sig's new Dictionary's themselves arrived too late to incorporate
> as the default into this release.  There is much testing and measuring
> and comparing with other Dictionary solutions (such as those from
> Martin Loewis) needed before making a switch to a new default Weak
> Dictionary.

I don't know, maybe better was to keep my dictionaries as separate
package. Previously, i had a package with 'B' single prefix in class
names. But then, since i implemented them mainly for use with magma i
decided to rename them with Ma prefix and replace existing ones
directly in magma.

And please, let me remind you, that magma uses two kinds of weak dictionaries:
WeakIdentityKeyDictionary
and
WeakValueDictionary
Previously i added a way to choose only one of them in
MagmaPreferences class (for WeakIdentityKeyDictionary).

Now, i added snapshot, which fills the gap, and also makes use of it in
MaOidManager and MagmaOidManager code.

Now, there's no direct references to any weak dictionary classes
within magma client code, they are rely on those, which set in
MagmaPreferences.

see Magma client-sig.258 in magma-tester repo. It based on Magma
client-cmmr50.256.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.