DeflateStream unable to write binary streams?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Sep 26 07:10:17 UTC 2007

Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> PS: what is the difference between GZipWriteStream,
> ZLibWriteStream, and ZipWriteStream? ZipWriteStream has the
> concept of files in an archive, but I couldn't figure out the
> first two

ZipWriteStream is the superclass for both GZipWriteStream and
ZLibWriteStream and implements the full LZ77 algorithm (I think you were
talking about ZipArchive which has files in an archive; ZipWriteStream
doesn't). The difference between GZip and ZLib is minimal: Different
headers, footers and checksum algorithm. Other than that they are identical.

Cheers,
   - Andreas