Unable to load Telnet from SqueakMap in 10beta.7148

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 29 16:18:28 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 12:05:23PM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 10:56:11AM -0700, Robert Withers wrote:
> > I am trying to load Telnet to use as a front-end to SSH.  This is a
> > cs file.   It will not load as the MultiByteFileStream, using a
> > UTF8Converter is complaining that the input is malformed.   This is
> > ridiculous.
>
> This appears to be a problem in the SqueakMap client, which is choking on
> some characters that appear in the preamble of the change set:
>
> (This changeset was supported by a generous quantity of Jaques Vabre coffee, thoroughly antisocial levels of Sergent Garcia's ``Un poquito quema'o'' and way too many Chesterfield Lights.  ÁSi no sanas hoy, sanar‡s ma–ana!!)"!
>
> The change set loads properly from a file list.

I should have checked Mantis before replying. This bug has been reported
and assigned to the package maintainer (but not yet resolved).

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6449
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6540

Ken Causey has provided a fix, which you can download from the Mantis 6449
page if you want to try it out.

Dave