object modeling

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 18:13:28 UTC 2007

On 9/29/07, Tom Phoenix <rootbeer at redcat.com> wrote:
> On 9/29/07, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us> wrote:
>
> I don't see anything necessarily wrong with your approach. On the
> other hand, I don't see that it's an especially helpful way to
> approach your task. The best way to find out whether it's "correct" or
> not is to try to implement it. To find out whether one way is better
> than another, implement both.

Yes.  Personally, I come from more a C++ background, and I can say
that in C++ the compile times become so painful that you really want
to take the time to try and design everything perfect from the start.

Smalltalk is on the exact other side of the universe.  So if you come
from a similar background it may take some time to get used to a new
way of thinking, but this is what Smalltalk brings to the table.  If
you want to make the most out of a new programming language the best
thing to do IMO is to find out it's strengths and try to play to
those.