Storing Squeak Images in mercurial

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sat Sep 29 21:52:51 UTC 2007

Jason Johnson schrieb:
> I seem to recall a thread on here some time back of someone having
> exactly this issue.  They were trying to have a way of getting to a
> well defined point so they could enter the image in some system in
> their organization or something.

If it's the same thread I am remembering, they wanted to achieve
complete identity of images given a defined set of source files.
That is impossible, in my opinion, due to the nondeterministic behavior
of some of the processes in an image.
The binary diff requirement is much weaker - for it to be satisfied, it
suffices if the diff is significantly smaller than either of the two
images being compared.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin