Smalltalk Publicity

Alan Lovejoy squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net
Sun Sep 30 08:24:44 UTC 2007

As of this moment, my primer/tutorial on Smalltalk ("Smalltalk: Getting
the Message") is on del.icio.us' Hotlist--which means its on the front
page of http://del.icio.us/ (5th article from the top.)  [ref:
http://www.chronos-st.org/Smalltalk-Getting-the-Message.html].  That
means it's getting substantial exposure.

This may be a sign that interest in Smalltalk is rising. If so, we need
to do whatever we can to nurture it.  Such chances don't come often, and
seldom more than once.

"Squeak by Example" is yet another opportunity to get significant
attention focused on Smalltalk.  I hope "Squeak by Example" gets
Slashdotted.

Adding both "Squeak by Example"  and "Smalltalk: Getting the Message" to
your del.icio.us bookmarks, and voting for them on dzone.com, reddit.com
and digg.com would help increase the "buzz" for Smalltalk.  And that
would be a good thing.

                     "Squeak by Example"
dzone.com:   http://www.dzone.com/rsslinks/squeak_by_example_2.html
reddit.com:   http://programming.reddit.com/info/2pcu2/comments