[squeak-dev] Re: Problems installing FFI on 3.10 release

astares at gmx.de astares at gmx.de
Tue Apr 1 11:47:01 UTC 2008

Hi Andreas,

the problem comes from Monticello 1.5 which is AFAIK now used
in squeak-dev image.
(Note that the squeak-dev image from Damien for 3.10 is still
beta!).

So let's try the real 3.10 without anything loaded. The
offical release 3.10 image is
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/Squeak3.10.gamma.7159.zip

When I use this clean image and open Universe Browser,
select "update list from network", then
load System ->FFI Version 3.9.1    -> IT WORKS AND LOADS FINE

(but still has the NetNameResolver problem (Mantis 6980) we
 discussed in March and which requires your patch for the image
 before loading FFI)

Using Monticello 1.5 in Sq 3.10 is currently problematic. For instance
it makes an ugly overrides for HTTPSocket>>httpPut:to:user:passwd:
where HTTPProxyServer class variable is used directly
instead of using "self httpProxyServer". This was OK for pre 3.10
but now things have changed.

Bye
Torsten