[squeak-dev] GStreamer progress

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 2 19:57:34 UTC 2008

Lots of tests in

GStreamer-Tests

The *.ogg player doesn't expose the full features of the api.

In the tests we do:

a) copy ogg audio file from the internet to /tmp for testing
b) read ogg audio directly from the internet for playback
c) create an ogg audio/video clip using the ogg encoder inputting
video/audio.

Other things that could be done.

a) grabbing a png or video from the olpc camera.
b) recording audio/video from the olpc camera/mic and making an ogg
file.
c) having a more generic interface to let you stream ogg from
http://www.gutenberg.org/files

--
=
=