[squeak-dev] Re: jitter (was: The Old Man)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Apr 3 22:30:30 UTC 2008

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk wrote:
> There's many reasons why there isn't a larger gain. One is only a few
> methods are being compiled.

Why not compile everything to see what the baseline gain is? This is
really the number I'm interested in - compile the entire image, and run
the macro benchmarks and compare that. And not only would it be a good
stress-test but for some applications (like our Croquet servers) that
would be entirely reasonable; even desirable.

Cheers,
   - Andreas