[squeak-dev] What Constitutes a Complete and Final Release?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Apr 5 08:34:17 UTC 2008

El 4/4/08 7:16 PM, "Ken Causey" <ken at kencausey.com> escribió:

> The 3.10 release
>
> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/
>
> is not even close.  Firstly this is the development directory and really
> there probably should be a new cleaned up directory with only the
> release and related files, not the interim releases.  The release file
> is named correctly (I brought this up with Edgar seperately).  There is
> no platform support, there is no sources file, there is no full image.
> There are certainly not my wished for text files.
>
> My comments here of course represent my idea of a release.  I think it's
> something we should discuss and try to form a clear policy on so that
> future release teams have a target to aim for.
>
> Ken

Well, surprise me we have a list "Discussion about development of Squeak
3.10" <v3dot10 at lists.squeakfoundation.org>, where you, Klaus, Andreas, (not
remember if Tim) was and never said nothing about this.
Blaming me for Ralph unknown reasons is unfear.
I work , but I don't was the man in charge.
Send several unanswered  mails to release list, private and here.
I wish move on, send tentative goals and tentative image for 3.11.
With Matthew, Craig, Pavel and some more people we still meeting and
discussing.

Remember you I was who said to Ralph we should go to 3.8 practices , I
always said this is the way to go.

> Unless we magically find that way to have a paid team  etc etc.
said Tim

Not bad.
You must know in Argentina we have talented unpaid students.
With the same money ESUG trough away for each (and still I wish see the
results), you can have a six person team here.
And I could do for the price to maintain a good reliable mirror here.

> I'd like to have a pithy solution here, but I need to catch up on some of the
> context, and I happen to be in the middle of a work-for-pay crunch.  But maybe
> if we all take more of an "I am 100% responsible" approach to our problems
> we'll start to get some more clarity about what is needed.
>
>     - Dan

You are the same guy who start all don't you ?
So I take every word you said about how and start to work.
If you wish can send a list of troubles addressed by Ken and solutions to
each.

To all, read the "Discussion about development of Squeak 3.10"
<v3dot10 at lists.squeakfoundation.org> post , please.

Waiting directions....

Edgar