[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] April 2008 versions

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sun Apr 6 15:26:58 UTC 2008

At 5:00 AM -0700 4/6/08, squeak-dev-request at lists.squeakfoundation.org apparently wrote:
>Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:13:12 +0200
>From: "Damien Cassou" <damien.cassou at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] April 2008 versions
<snip>

> >  How much of Keith's stuff from <http://installer.pbwiki.com/> is included in  sq3.10-7159dev08.04.2, if any of it?
>

>Not at all. I try to make squeak-dev on top of stock Squeak images. No
>patches. However, if something is really needed, I can have look.

Ok. Thx.
It seems to me that using the Installer to load the 'Latest', and 'LatestUnstable' fixes is a great way to get the latest fixes into the image for trying things out. Otherwise fixes tend to get forgotten and don't ever get into the latest image. I'm thinking all the fixes from <http://installer.pbwiki.com/> must at least be good enough to try out and exercise to see if there are issues, before we put them into the image for good. At the moment trying to install 'MinorFixesUnstable' results in a dialog notifying of a syntax error.

Ken G. Brown

> >  Particularly, are any of the
>>         2.      Latest - MinorFixes, MajorFixes and PackageUpgrades
>>         3.      LatestUnstable - MinorFixesUnstable, MajorFixesUnstable and PackageUpgradesUnstable
>>  already in the image?
>>
>>  Thx,
> >  Ken G. Brown
<snip>