[squeak-dev] Funding (was: What Constitutes a Complete and Final Release?)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sun Apr 6 16:20:27 UTC 2008

> I think you're overstating things a bit.  The point is that unless you are
> willing to jump in and help, or provide other means of help (i.e. funding),
> one shouldn't complain about the state of affairs.  The people doing this
> work are doing it as a free service to others and for that, we should be
> grateful.

I don't understand some logical articulations here.

how does the fact that people generously offer a free service imply that
the quality of this service can not be evaluated ?

and how does the fact that someone does not participate in an effort
imply that this person can not criticize the way this effort is
accomplished ?

could you elaborate ?

regards,

Stef