[squeak-dev] How to load Monticello into etoys-dev-3.0 (again!)

Simon Guest simon.guest at tesujimath.org
Mon Apr 7 09:30:05 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Here's what I did:

1. Download fresh etoys-dev-3.0
2. Load code updates (to #1957)
3. Open SqueakMap package loader, and answer yes to the "upgrade to
   2.2?" question
4. Answer yes to the "install Monticello?" question

I get "error occured when updating map: key not found", in
MCWorkingCopy class >> infoFromDictionary:cache:

I already tried loading this stuff via LevelPlayingField, but got
errors there too.  I don't think etoys-dev-3.0 is supported there
yet.

If I answer no to the "install Monticello?" question, and then try to
install Monticello 231 from SqueakMap, I get what looks like the same error.

So, how do I load Monticello into etoys-dev-3.0?  Any help
appreciated!

cheers,
Simon

PS: I see Scott asked the question, would it be worth shipping a dev
image with SqueakMap package loader 2.2 and Monticello pre-installed.
From my perspective, yes indeed!