[squeak-dev] What turns off newcomers

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 02:39:03 UTC 2008

Refactoring and bringing new modules online takes a lot of time and
effort. In this present climate such effort is wasted if it is only
directed towards some future squeak, since most squeakers are using
something other than the latest squeak.

Take Rio for example, which has gained some fans, it has been available
for over a year now, and is about ready for an api review. For rio to
become accepted, I would expect ensure that it loads in OLPC, Croquet,
3.7+, I would expect it to take up to 4 years for FileDirectory to expire!

Keith