[squeak-dev] Completing the 3.10 release process

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 11:07:28 UTC 2008

Can I clarify what needs to happen to get us to the point where
everyone is reasonably content that the 3.10 release process is
complete?

My understanding is that the following steps are required:

1) Start with the current image at
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/Squeak3.10-7159-basic.zip
2) Optionally, incorporate a small number of fixes (to be agreed)
2) Rename it to Squeak3.10-final-xxxx.zip
4) Produce packages for mac, unix-linux and windows
5) Populate the 3.10 directory with these products
6) Update web site to point to new packages
7) Publish the news on news.squeak.org :-)

I've not seen any evidence (here or in the release team list) that any
of this is being dealt with - if someone is already addressing this, I
apologise for leaping in.

If this isn't being dealt with, and if it really is just a
straightforward admin process, then I'm happy to take this work on. If
there is more to it than is in my list, then let's get it clear, and I
will then do what I can to help complete this process, and give us all
the opportunity to focus on the goals and the work needed to deliver
3.11.

Thanks,
Michael